Wednesday 3rd February
|Spelling||English||Zoom||Break||Maths||Zoom||Lunch||Reading||Science||Zoom||Children’s Mental Health Week activity|
We are almost half way through the week. Well done for all of your hard work so far this week.
Have you been enjoying the Mental Health Week activities? It has been lovely to see pictures and hear about what you have been doing.
This week is Mental Health week, we will be completing daily activities throughout the week and then on Friday we will be having a technology free day and celebrating rainbow day. Please check Marvellous Me to find out more information about this.
Zoom calls will continue at the usual times and the links can be found on the year 3 home learning page.
Today is magical spellings practice.
- Complete the magic 20 word search.
Practice a full line of each of the joins below.
Today, we will be creating a plan for our own story based on Quest.
Watch the video of Quest to remind you of the story and then watch my video which explains your task for today.
- Decide on two settings (you can include your setting from Monday).
- Decide what the children will draw to get from one setting to another.
Now, watch the video below and box up plan your story.
|Beginning||– Two children named Sam and Sophie hid from the rain under a bridge with their purple bird.|
– The door opened and a King stepped out. He gave them a map and a belt.
-He was captured by guards and taken back through the door.
-The children drew a key, unlocked the door and stepped through.
|Build up||-The children found themselves on a cliff near a castle.|
– They saw the guards locking the King in the castle.
-The children looked at the map and decided to follow it.
–They drew a boat.
|Problem||– The children arrived at a tropical island and searched for the crayons. They found all of the crayons and filled the belt.|
–The children drew a helicopter and travelled to the monument to transfer the crayons.
-The guards arrived and attempted to take the crayons.
|Resolution||–The purple bird grabbed the crayons and flew away with them.|
-The crayons released rainbow drops, which startled the guards and caused them to fall into the freeing cold sea.
-The kingdom was free again and everyone rejoiced.
|Ending||The King crowned the children and thanked them for their help.|
The children returned home through the door.
In your maths meeting, you will be subtracting 2 digit numbers from 100 using a number line. Watch the video below and then complete the questions.
Use a number line for the subtractions below.
- 100 – 38
- 100 – 42
- 100 – 26
- 100 – 67
- 100 – 83
Today, we will continue to focus our reading session around National Story Telling Week.
For today’s task, I would like you to have a go at the ‘Name the book from the blurb’ quiz below. I have written 6 blurbs for books and I would like you to read each one and try to work out which book it is describing. Once you have complete the quiz, I would like you to write a blurb for a well known book, send it too me and I will try to guess the book.
|Name the book from the blurb!|
- He thinks he is an ordinary boy until he is rescued by an owl and taken to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- A biscuit runs away and is chased by people and animals until he tries to cross a river with the help of a sneaky fox.
- A very naughty boy and his annoyingly perfect brother.
- Swishy swashy! Splash splosh! Hoooo Wooo! We’re going hunting…. Will you come too?
- On the way to market, a strange little man gives a boy a few magic beans for his cow. What happens next changes his life forever.
- Walk further into the deep dark wood, and discover what happens when a quick-thinking mouse comes face to face with an owl, a snake, a fox and……
Watch the video below
Create a poster or leaflet to tell someone about soil.
Remember to include,
- What soil is.
- What soil is made up of.
- The layers of soil.
- Some examples of soil.
Use the video and the sheets below to help.
Please check Marvellous Me for today’s activity.
Well done for completing today’s home learning. Please send any completed work to email@example.com . Now relax and enjoy a story.