Wednesday 20th January – Reception
Today is Wednesday which means we are half way through our week of home learning. I am proud of all those people that are working extra hard at home to continue with their learning. Please remember to send me an email to let me know what you have been doing.
Please remember I will do 2 drop-in zoom sessions a day, one at 10.30am and one at 2pm. You can ask any questions you wish to or show me some of your work. I will also read a story on an afternoon so feel free to drop in.
This morning your job is to practice writing some words using the new phase 3 phonemes we have been learning. The words I would like you to practice writing are: wig, wet, well, van, vet, jug, jet and jam. Then choose one of those words and tell someone in your family a funny sentence. My sentence is ‘I had jam on my head.’
This morning’s exercise is Andy’s Wild Workouts. Here is the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06tmnbv/andys-wild-workouts-series-1-4-beaches
Today, we are going to learn another new phase 3 phoneme. Please watch the video and join in.
I have also made another video of myself to show you the action and the formation. Here is the video:
After watching the video’s, I would like you to go around your house and see if you can find some objects that have the ‘x’ sound in. You could look for a box, the number six or something you could use to mix. Can you write some of those words?
For our maths activity we are going to look at different ways of making the number 10, just like we did for the number 5. Watch the video and have a go yourself of making the number 10 in many different ways.
We are going to read the next part of Room on the Broom together. Watch the video and join in by answering the questions.
- Read a phonics book on oxford owl or you can read your own phonics book if you have one. Remember to keep practicing so you become fluent with reading. Free eBook library | Oxford Owl from Oxford University Press.
- Write a recipe for your favourite cakes. I am going to do my recipe for rice krispie cakes. My recipe includes: rice krispies, chocolate and smarties. I wonder what your favourite cakes are.
- Collect some recycling e.g. milk bottles, toilet rolls, food boxes and create a model. I am going to create a house today.
- Draw a picture of your house. Can you add the details such as your windows, your door and your chimney.
- Act out the story of goldilocks and the three bears. Here is the story if you would like to watch it first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUP2PFeOi8
Well done Reception, your work for today is complete. Please try and upload your child’s work by completing the submission below. Please note, your child’s work will not be published on the website, it will be sent privately to me. Alternatively, if you have trouble uploading it below, please email the work over to me.
My email address is email@example.com