Tuesday 26th January – Reception
Today is Tuesday and we are going to have another fun day learning. Please can I remind you to send me a message to let me know how you are getting on with your home learning.
Message to Parents:
Please check your emails throughout today. I will be sending out an email explaining more details about a new whole school learning platform to further assist communication between school and parents and celebrate your child’s successes.
Please remember I will do 2 drop-in zoom sessions a day, one at 10.30am and one at 2pm. You can ask any questions you wish to or show me some of your work. I will also read a story on an afternoon so feel free to drop in.
This morning your job is to practice your handwriting. Watch the video and use your magic finger to join in. Then you could practice on your own. Remember to hold your pencil properly.
This morning’s exercise is Yoga. Here is the link for you to join in –
Today, I would like you to watch the video and join in:
After watching the video, I would like you to try and write the tricky words. You could then choose a tricky word to put into a sentence. You could tell someone in your family your sentence or you could try and write your sentence. I wonder if you could send me a picture of your phonics, I will be sure to give pride points to all those people working their socks off.
Today I am going to set you some activities to have a go at:
- Write all the names of your family and then count the letters in each name. Write the number of letters that you count and then see which name has the most letters, which name has the least letters. I wonder if any names have the same amount of letters?
- Ask someone in your family to draw some spots on some paper. Some spots in one colour and some spots in another colour. Now I want you to count how many spots there are in the first colour, how many in the second colour and how many spots do you have altogether?
- Find 8 objects in your house and practice writing the number 8.
Today, I would like you to watch the video of Jack and the Beanstalk. Then, talk to your family about who the characters are in the story. Which is your favourite character? Why are they your favourite character?
- Read a phonics book on oxford owl or you can read your own phonics book if you have one. Remember to keep practicing so you become fluent with reading. Free eBook library | Oxford Owl from Oxford University Press.
- Count forwards and backwards to 20.
- Go on a treasure hunt around your house to find things beginning with ‘t’
- Make some playdough and have a go at the dough disco:
Here is the recipe for Playdough:
2 mugs of plain flour ½ mug of salt Water (with food colouring if
required) Put flour and salt into a bowl. Add water gradually stirring into
the mixture with a spoon. When all water has been added use hands to
mix until it forms a dough. If mixture is too sticky add more flour. If it is
not forming a dough add more water. Once in a dough it is ready to play
with. Store in an airtight box or bag (it will last up to a week).
Well done Reception, your work for today is complete. Please try and upload your child’s work by completing the submission below. Please note, your child’s work will not be published on the website, it will be sent privately to me. Alternatively, if you have trouble uploading it below, please email the work over to me.