SEND and Equality
The governors and staff at Handale Primary School are committed to providing an inclusive education to ensure the best possible progress for all its pupils regardless of their abilities, needs or personal circumstances.
Handale Primary School aims to:
- Work within the guidance provided in the Send Code of Practice 2014;
- Identify early and provide for pupils who have additional needs;
- Ensure access to the curriculum for all pupils;
- Develop and maintain partnerships and high levels of engagement for parents;
- Operate a ‘whole pupil, whole school approach’ to the management of and support for special educational needs and disabilities
The school recognises that all pupils exhibit individual needs and sometimes these needs can be complex and can inhibit their ability to learn. The SEND Policy and SEND Information Report below is aimed at all pupils for whom the term ‘Special Educational Needs (SEN)’ applies as defined below whether their needs are permanent or temporary in nature.
To view Handale Primary Schools SEND Policy, click here
To view Handale Primary Schools SEND Information Report, click here
To view the SEND code of practice, click here