Friday 26th February 2021
Good morning Year 6 and welcome to this week’s ‘No Technology Day’. Today is the day to step away from your normal day-to-day school work, stick the X-Box in the attic and focus on having a day of difference. (Apart from your SPELLING TEST! A day of Rock’n’Roll is not complete without a spelling test)
Be creative! Be crafty! Come out of the end of today feeling that you have achieved and you have the evidence there too prove it. Let me tell you what I would I would like today to be about:
CREATING FANTASY WORLDS
Today I would like you to create a fantasy world of your own.There are no restrictions, no requirements, just out and out pure fantasy. By the end of today I would like you have considered a full world all of your own by using your own vision of what it may look like, your own characters living there and the rules of the world that you have created. Let me give you some ideas of what you could do:
- Create the landscape either as a model or as a drawing or painting. However you choose. It is your world so you put there what you want there. What kind of world is it? Think Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.
- Create your own characters any way you choose. It is entirely up to you how you do this. They are your characters so you create the rules. Remember to create a mix of characters. Maybe good and bad. Create a biography to tell me about them.
- What are the rules of your world? Create them. Is there magic in your world? How does it work? How is it used?
- Write a story about your world. No restrictions. Forget about the grammar and punctuation. Just write and make it exciting!
- Does your world have bizarre creatures and animals. I need to see them. How are you going to create them? Do these creatures have special powers?
- Are there enemies to this land of yours? Show me them. Tell me about them.
- What about transport? Is olden style, modern style or futuristic style transport used? How can you create them?
These are just ideas. you can tell me more. By the end of the day you will have created a world of your own with your own people, your own setting and your own rules. Think about the detail and make it amazing. Your world. Your rules!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!
Here are the spellings for this week:
Mr Emmerson’s Spelling Group: siege, shriek, yield, ought, bought, thought, nought, brought, fought, rough, discussion, discomfort, disgusting, distracted, discretely, disturbing, discovery, dissolves, dismount distress
Mrs Oakley’s Spelling Group: ambitious, cautious, contentious, infectious, conscientious, nutritious, pretentious, fictitious, superstitious.
Focus on the spellings from your group and complete the following activities:
Day 5: Spelling Test day. Do your best, be honest, get them all right, send me your scores.
All of these spellings are on Spelling Shed under either Spring Week 7 Mrs Oakley or Spring Week 7 Mr Emmerson
Please could I encourage all parents and children to ask if you would like your reading books changed as this can be easily arranged. Also, would it be possible to please send photos of your children’s reading records on a Monday or Friday to show evidence that you/your child has read 3 times that week. We want you to get credit for your achievements!
Invite to Join Year 6 Morning Drop-in Zoom Meeting (09:30)
Meeting ID: 999 7011 5492
Join Year 6 2nd Morning Drop-in Zoom Meeting (11:30)
Meeting ID: 954 4389 7330
Join Year 6 Afternoon Drop-in Zoom Meeting (2:00)
Meeting ID: 921 3534 5751