Friday 22nd January – Reception
Today is Friday which means we are at the end of another week of home learning. I hope you have all had a fantastic week. I have had a great week as I have received lots of fantastic work from you all. I am extremely proud of you. You should be proud of yourselves too. After working very hard today it will be the weekend which means you will have two days off. I hope you all have a brilliant weekend you deserve it.
Please remember I will do 2 drop-in zoom sessions a day, one at 10.30am and one at 2pm. You can ask any questions you wish to or show me some of your work. I will also read a story on an afternoon so feel free to drop in.
This morning your job is to practice forming some letters. Remember to do your best handwriting and hold your pencil properly. Watch the video and have a go at home.
This morning’s exercise is Andy’s Wild Workouts . Here is the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06tmnby/andys-wild-workouts-series-1-5-night-time
Mr Farrier will also be doing a morning activate session every morning at 8.45am. You can join that using the link at the top of the home learning page.
This morning we are going to do a recap of the full week. We are going to recap all the new sounds that we have learnt. I want you all to try your best to show me that you have remembered all of the new phonemes. Please watch the video and join in.
After watching the video, I would like you to write the 4 new phonemes on some paper (w, v, x, j). Then, draw some pictures of objects that begin with each sound. I would also like you to try and write the word for the object you draw. I am going to draw a picture of a jug and then write the word jug underneath.
In maths today we are going to look at different ways to make the number 10 again. It is important we do this lots as this will help us to learn it really well. Please watch the video and join in.
After watching the video, I would like you to have a go. You could collect 10 objects from around your house and put them into two groups to make the number 10.
Today, we are going to read the last part of our author story, The Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson. I hope you have enjoyed this story. We will start another author story on Monday. Please watch the video and join in. I would be very impressed if you can have a go at answering all my questions.
- Read a phonics book on oxford owl or you can read your own phonics book if you have one. Remember to keep practicing so you become fluent with reading. Free eBook library | Oxford Owl from Oxford University Press.
- Go on a shape hunt in your house. What shapes can you find? I found a circle, a square, a rectangle, a triangle, a cone and a cuboid. Tell your family how you know it is that shape? What are the properties of a square? We will look at this in more detail next week.
- Practice writing your numbers from 1-20.
- Draw your favourite animal and write a name for your animal. Then, you could think about where it may live? what does it have for it’s tea?
- Go on a treasure hunt around your house to find things beginning with ‘p’.
- Help your parents do a job in the house. I know you have been enjoying this and some of you have been very helpful this week. Remember, it is nice to do something kind for someone every day.
- Sing the days of the week song.
Have a fantastic weekend Reception, you are all amazing!.
Well done Reception, your work for today is complete. Please try and upload your child’s work by completing the submission below. Please note, your child’s work will not be published on the website, it will be sent privately to me. Alternatively, if you have trouble uploading it below, please email the work over to me.