How will the young person be included in activities outside of the classroom including school/college trips?
At Handale Primary School pupils with SEND are never excluded from enhanced learning opportunities such as trips, visitors or special events.
Where a specific trip, activity or event may present difficulties for a pupil with SEND then the school will ensure that, through careful planning, any such event is made accessible. This may be achieved through:
- Early consultation with parents/carers
- Provision of additional transport
- Provision of additional support staff
- Provision of specialist support
- Modification of the event/activity
- Provision of modified equipment