What specialist services and expertise are available at or are accessed by the school/college?
Handale Primary School has access to a range of specialist services to support its pupils.
The school employs a dedicated teaching assistant for pupils with SEND. This teaching assistant has a vast experience of working with pupils with moderate and specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dyscalculia. Whenever required additional support can be called upon from:
- Redcar & Cleveland SEND Service
- Redcar & Cleveland Educational Psychologist Team
- Redcar & Cleveland Specialist Teaching Service
- St. Peter’s RC Primary School Infant Assessment Class & Junior Support Base, Brotton
- Redcar Child and Adult Mental Health Service
- School Nursing Service
- South Tees Hospitals Child and Adolescent Services
- Redcar & Cleveland Visually Impaired Service
- The LINK, Redcar (Emotional/mental health charity)
Please note that this list is not exhaustive.