How does the school keep Parents/Carers of SEND children informed about their progress?
Handale Primary provides regular feedback to parents/carers about the progress of all pupils. In addition the school operates an ‘open door’ policy that allows parents/carers to speak to their child’s teacher or a member of the senior leadership team whenever they desire.
The school places great significance on its relationship with parents/carers and recognises that the successful education of a child requires a real home/school partnership to be established. All parents/carers of pupils at Handale Primary School receive:
- Termly parent/carer consultation evenings
- Detailed annual report to parents/carers
- Details about the targets set for their child
- Opportunity to see their child’s teacher whenever necessary
- Opportunity to see a member of the school’s leadership team whenever necessary
- Advice and guidance on how to support their child’s learning at home
- Invitations to events involving their child
Depending on their individual needs, parents/carers of a child with SEND may also receive:
- Daily verbal reports on progress
- Half termly provision map outlining the details of the support provided for their child.
- Opportunity to meet with the school’s SENCO to discuss the progress of their child.
- Short term written reports on progress
- Letters in support of applications for medical support/social care